The Countdown to Red Rocks 2016!

Coordinate show meet ups
dfwbecky

Re: The Countdown to Red Rocks 2016!

Postby dfwbecky » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:35 am

We're going to the show on 7/28 and it's our first concert at Red Rocks. We're flying into Denver and just trying to figure out logistics as far as where to stay and what time the "early entry" begins for the VIP Experience tickets. Anybody have any hotel suggestions or info on the VIP Experience? Everything on the website is a little vague.
Hi bmmm1520,
Last year was my first year at RR and we stayed at the Holiday Inn in Lakewood. It was a very convenient distance from the venue. I will say we arrived the day of the concert and couldn't check in until 3:00. At 3:00, our room was not ready and they weren't terribly concerned that I had a very important place to be but needed to change first:) The hotel was fine other than that and if I stayed there again I would confirm early check-in or get there the day before even.

calebv

Postby calebv » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:14 pm

I've been there almost every year too. I'm going to all three shows. I'm sure I'll run into a few of you guys out there. I make sure and wait in line super early for at least one night so I can get front row. The group I'm traveling with would be happy to meet anyone and have some conversation and drinks while we wait for Avett.

Ballerino

Postby Ballerino » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:59 pm

When I went last year, all the front rows were taken by the VIP folks. And because of this, there was a lot of empty seats in the roped-off VIP section. I am not sure that even the early-entry folks got in the front row(s).
"I keep telling myself that it'll be fine, you can't make everybody happy all of the time."

Mountainman311

Postby Mountainman311 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:08 pm

What is UP good people?
It's finally Avett Brothers at Red Rocks week!
My buddy and I are going to be there Friday
for my most anticipated night of the 3-night stand! Can't wait to finally see Gary Clark Jr.!

For a change of pace, we are going to hit
Up entrance 1 Friday and park in the upper lot
(We've always done entrance 2).
Patron Margaritas and a menu are in the
Works.
Summer is quickly disappearing so this
Is going to serve as part of the 2016 Summer finale.
Gotta get through work this week and then I'll
Be ready for the epic 30 minute drive down the mountain to Red Rocks!!
Getting excited!
You? What's on the tailgate menu and what
Time are people thinking about showing up?

Return to “Avett Nation Meet Up”