Shut up and sing!

General discussion about The Avett Brothers
Ohiochild

Shut up and sing!

Postby Ohiochild » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:52 pm

I am still holding out hope that there will be no need to shout "Shut up and sing!" at my next TAB concert. It would be nice if all the virtue signalling is just done in the songs so if it gets to bad I can make an informed decision on whether I want to go to a show or not.
Don't quote me boy, cause I ain't said shit.

FINCH

Re: Shut up and sing!

Postby FINCH » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:54 am

If you feel the need to heckle performers during their show because you don't like their words then you should definitely stay home. By definition if you want them to shut up then you don’t want them to sing either. Clearly you also aren’t aware of the banjo’s magic powers https://www.deeringbanjos.com/products/ ... banjo-head

Ohiochild

Re: Shut up and sing!

Postby Ohiochild » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:04 pm

@Finch, I will take what you said in goodwill and an open heart and mind. I slightly disagree with you about the meaning of "shut up and sing" as that is a phase that has a meaning beyond the the individual words definitions. That's just semantics though. While re-reading my original post, I still agree with the meat of it, but think now I shouldn't have (and normally wouldn't have) posted it to the bands boards. I was in my cups at the time and erred in judgement.
Don't quote me boy, cause I ain't said shit.

Return to “Avett Discussion”