Don't bother getting good seats

General discussion about The Avett Brothers
Martinmmv

Don't bother getting good seats

Postby Martinmmv » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:29 am

Friday night at Truman amphitheater we had 3rd row seats. As soon as the band took the stage, fans from all over walked straight up to the rail and then crowded the aisles and there they stayed for the whole show. I could see that this was business as usual and I will not bother in the future. Night 2 we had g.a. and I went straight to the back at the top of a hill. No stress until the place filled up and I felt like we were going to have our little spot taken over again. As it turned out the ladies next to us did get pushed out like a boyfriend in a laundry room. Kind of soured me on joining a bunch of people there to enjoy music featuring a lot of lyrics about love and a band that people admire for their brotherhood who don't get it. I think Scott said it best from stage on night 2 referring to all the fans who follow them from town to town as a traveling circus.

JimboK

Re: Don't bother getting good seats

Postby JimboK » Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:24 pm

We had a similar experience on Friday night but Saturday night they did a much better job of keeping the crowd out of the aisles and back if they didn't have tix for seats. The venue staff wasn't ready for what took place on Friday night because that was the first "big" crowd for the new venue. I hope they return to Key West. It was nice seeing so many fans around town for a few days.

Return to “Avett Discussion”