I'm getting discouraged

General discussion about The Avett Brothers
AvettAdoration

I'm getting discouraged

Postby AvettAdoration » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:13 am

I remember just a few short years ago you could buy a ticket for less then 50 bucks and be right up front in the pit.Now I go to look at ticket prices and they're starting around 450.00.I love the Avett Brothers and I realize they're getting bigger and they deserve all the success in the world but i'm afraid of seeing them up close and personal in concert,those days are over....Discouraged !

DallasCarpenter

Re: I'm getting discouraged

Postby DallasCarpenter » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:04 pm

Agreed. It's the classic be careful what you wish for scenario. Been to 17 shows and never further back than 15 rows/people from the stage. Going to Red Rocks for the first time this summer and getting tickets was a fiasco. Struck out on the Guild presale and the best seats we could muster in the general sale were row 45. We did manage regular general admission but I'm worried about what the Guild early entry will look like given the movie. The other draw back to more casual fans coming to shows is chit-chatting over the music, which drives me nuts.

These are first world problems though. Feel very fortunate to have been their fan these past years. Having your all-time favorite band still recording and touring is an incredible blessing.

jeporch

Postby jeporch » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:30 am

We've been feeling exactly the same things you guys just expressed. It's an experience lost! The only way to really see them again may on video. I guess we do have the memories.

Ourblessings

Postby Ourblessings » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:15 pm

I can understand your feelings. But from what I am learning feelings have little to do with their message. From what I understand and if I am hearing them correctly than the $450 that you spend for a ticket is not just for the purchase of a ticket but also a seed planted. I hope you understand.

Ourblessings

Postby Ourblessings » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:22 pm

However I totally understand because I could not afford to buy a ticket for even half that price. But those who can should. I am perfectly happy to listen on YouTube. I will say this tho...the day my financial blessing arrives...and it will arrive...I am going to give my wife the wedding I wasn’t able to give her and I am going to get the Brothers to play at my wedding no matter the cost. I pray you get your tickets.

SundayRehab

Postby SundayRehab » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:31 am

Yes ticket prices have increased but these $450 prices you mentioned are not list prices. They are secondary market prices "scalper prices" I'm pretty sure the original price of those tickets was a fraction of that price.
Last edited by SundayRehab on Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
“All music is folk music. I ain’t never heard a horse sing a song.”
― Louis Armstrong

jeporch

Postby jeporch » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:33 pm

Exactly! The Avett Brothers organization are not making any money off these inflated prices. The secondary market (scalpers) are using computers to buy up large quantities of the tickets in the first few seconds of most presales. Red Rocks Guild tickets were gone in 10 seconds.

RobE

Postby RobE » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:22 pm

I wish they would,well all artists would follow what Eric Church did to alleged scalping. Cancelled 25K tickets and put them back on the market and then placed restrictions when purchasing them.

RobE

Postby RobE » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:22 pm

I wish they would,well all artists would follow what Eric Church did to alleged scalping. Cancelled 25K tickets and put them back on the market and then placed restrictions when purchasing them.

jwaldrop

Postby jwaldrop » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:46 pm

U2 did a credit card entry paperless ticket for their last two tours. It deterred scalpers. There were a few hiccups, but for the most part it worked. Whoever bought the tickets had to use that credit card to get in.

Return to “Avett Discussion”