At the Beach - 2017 attendees

General discussion about The Avett Brothers
jfb

At the Beach - 2017 attendees

Postby jfb » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:56 pm

My wife and I are entertaining attending the 2018 at the beach shows. Any recommendations from those at attended in 2017? Looking specifically for experiences and suggestions around which rooms are best. Staying near concert courtyard seems ideal but want to get everyone's take.

cizzle_ck

Re: At the Beach - 2017 attendees

Postby cizzle_ck » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:41 pm

Just joined and first time posting here. Figured I'd give my feedback since onsale is starting up. Wife and I would highly recommend. We spent many times the last year talking about the event. Enjoyed it so much, we just booked our return trip for the 2018 At the Beach right when it went on sale for returning guests today. Doesn't hurt we're from Minnesota, so a trip away from snow in January is a must.

Staying in courtyard would be nice, but you'll likely not be in a great stage viewing spot anyway. Plus I'd probably perfer to not be sitting on my balcony watching the show - would rather be at the stage. We booked a Plat Single Sky Terrace both last year and this year. We were placed in building 2 last year. Going in I was worried that if we got bldg 1 or 2 it would be a pain, but it wasn't bad at all to walk across the resort.

Music set-up was great in the courtyard, easy access to food/drinks, max cap of ~ 2500 people made it feel like a really intimate show (there was no bad place to be in front of the stage). Other attendees were friendly as well. There were a couple opening acts and one night where my wife was tired and wanted to just relax in the room, so I just went solo to the stage and met some great people.

If you have any other questions - feel free to message me!
-Chris

mozzy

Postby mozzy » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:21 am

I agree with everything Chris said. It was easily one of my favorite concert experiences. It wasn't too crowded at all and the rooms and service were pretty good. Last year, we had the same room as Chris, only with double sky terrace. I was worried about location and we ended up all the way at the last building, #9.
The location was fine. It was quiet and not too long of a walk to the stage. Our friends were 5 buildings over, which wasn't ideal, but manageable. We decided we didn't want the double terrace this year because we didn't utilize it to warrant the cost. We did end up booking it, however, because that is the only way to get a room on the top floor in the courtyard, so we have a somewhat better view. I don't think there's a huge benefit to being in the courtyard, but something we'd like to experience.

That being said, it looks like nearly everything sold out in the pre-sale. There looks to be only gold deluxe rooms with double beds still available. Not sure if they're release more tomorrow or not. That is a pretty incredible return rate. I think that speaks volumes about how the event was run. My only gripe is that I wish they'd moved the venue to another resort just to have a new experience. Regardless, I'm very excited about going back.

cizzle_ck

Postby cizzle_ck » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:30 pm

After your comment I checked availability and all sold out already. Crazy.

Return to “Avett Discussion”