Mud Island question

General discussion about The Avett Brothers
Dawgmatic

Mud Island question

Postby Dawgmatic » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:38 pm

Travis,

Just bought tix for this show during presale. Does Mud Island not allow fans to stand at stage? I noticed general admission was behind the seats. I'm used to standing in pit....will some of the people in the lower rows be able to stand at stage?

Thanks

Roy

ACMemphis10

Re: Mud Island question

Postby ACMemphis10 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:31 pm

No pit area at Mud Island. Only GA is the bleachers on top. Interesting order they distributed tickets for this event.

Dawgmatic

Postby Dawgmatic » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:54 pm

I thought I remembered seeing people standing by the stage at the last Mud Island show. I wonder if they let the first several rows stand by stage. I'm pretty sure that's how it worked when they were at Snowden Grove.

benjaminx

Postby benjaminx » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:10 pm

What did y'all pull? I ended up with row 5 in Section D, although that was about the 30th pair I pulled. Super pumped about this show. Mud Island is one of my favorite venues. i don't ever recall any sort of pit there and seats run pretty close to the stage, but you are right, they may allow the first few runs to gather up close similar to what they do at the Southaven shows.

babyfollowmedwn

Postby babyfollowmedwn » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:20 pm

I saw the Avetts at Mud Island in 2012.... I was in the 7th row in section C.... Im positive they didnt allow the first few rows to stand at the front (nor at any other show ive seen at Mud Island.) I was at the Southaven show where they did allow that... but Southaven is set up differently as far as the stage goes.

This time around I am still in Section C but row 16 :) Looking forward to seeing them in Memphis again!

Dawgmatic

Postby Dawgmatic » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:40 am

Thanks for clearing up the stage question. I guess I'll just sit back and enjoy the show this time. I got Sec D row 11. Not a big fan of the venue although the 2012 show there was one of the best I've been to. The parking sucks and getting out is slow. I've always said it would have to be a great band for me to go back....this one qualifies for sure. This will be my 15th TAB show...can't wait!

ACMemphis10

Postby ACMemphis10 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:53 pm

I'm glad it's not at the Landers Center this time around. There was practically no one there back in September. This will be a much better venue for them. I'm in Section C Row 18 - I'd suggest Lyft or Uber for Mud Island... and we've taken a carriage ride from south main to Mud Island for shows, too. Anyway, looking forward to this show!

Return to “Avett Discussion”