How did you get into the Avetts?

General discussion about The Avett Brothers
Syd Avett

Re: How did you get into the Avetts?

Postby Syd Avett » Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:12 am

In 2009, I bought a new car with Sirius Satellite Radio. By 2010 I found the Sirius station The Spectrum and I begane hearing the songs "I And Love And You" and "Head Full of Doubt/Road Full Of Promise" which were on heavy rotation there.

I was mesmerized by these songs and quickly bought the album IALAY and fell in love with TAB! I sat down one night and bought the rest of their catalog from amazon.com. I have been a devoted fan ever since having now seen 11 TAB concerts, the most recent the two in Indianapolis on Nov. 3 and 4th.

Tom Petty and Bruce Springsteen may have mocked satellite radio in song but I credit it with introducing me to The Avett Brothers! I am also a huge Beatles/Solo Beatles fan and I see my love of TAB as a natural progression from The Beatles, a moot band. Both bands have excellent songwriters and extremely charismatic performers!

HenrySmart

Postby HenrySmart » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:12 pm

Greetings! If you think and suppose that your rare name does not influence your career dreams, you might be mistaken. Check out the details at http://bigessaywriter.com/blog/15-ways- ... -on-career

Kurt

Postby Kurt » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:35 pm

I was given "I and love and you" for my 30th Birthday about 6 years ago from a friend at the time because we liked Mumford and Sons and she thought I might like these guys too.

I had never heard of The Avett Brothers and didn't expect much as people recommending music to me has never worked before. I think from about the 1st chord i was blown away and fell in love.

I would never have called myself a fan of any band til now. I've really liked music but this is something different. So much so that last year when i had a wedding in Canada (i'm in Australia) i knew i had to find an Avett Brothers show. I was fortunate enough to see them at the Mountain Music Festival in Phoenix.

I have also started playing banjo because of their influence.

I will always be grateful for that friend who introduced me to the music and would say that i am now evangelical in my love for the Avett Brothers :)

jwaldrop

Postby jwaldrop » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:54 pm

A friend took me to see Old Crow Medicine Show and The Avett Brothers together. I was actually into Old Crow, but after I saw the Avetts live, I just kept listening to them. Seemed like I added a different song on my playlist every couple of weeks. Going to see them in New Braunfels, TX in April, and now in Red Rocks this summer. Can't wait!

Return to “Avett Discussion”