Capitol Theatre Sat 05/13/17

Share your stories
spb76

Capitol Theatre Sat 05/13/17

Postby spb76 » Mon May 15, 2017 5:31 pm

I wasn't able to attend Thursday and Friday nights shows but I did catch the closer on Saturday. And what a closer it was. Pretty solid
main set with a beautiful rendition of Love and Hate. But that encore was one for the records. starting out with an amazing take on Time and right into Garcia's Deal
(interesting side note the Capitol Threatre is where the GD first played Deal back in '71) and I'm always grateful to hear them play some dead.
Plus a little extra nod to the GD with Going Down The Road Feeling Bad later in the encore.

Over all an amazing show! The one and only thing I couldn't understand is how the entire baclcony section (save 1 or 2 people) just sat on their duff the whole show.
No one was dancing it was nuts!! Thankfully there was plenty of High Life and awesome tunes to keep us dancing the whole night long!

Thanks for another awesome show boys. See you soon at Ommegang!!

ABANKS1

Re: Capitol Theatre Sat 05/13/17

Postby ABANKS1 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:57 pm

Caught the opener that weekend- what a great show and what a different experience seeing them in a smaller venue!

TeeTeeO

Re: Capitol Theatre Sat 05/13/17

Postby TeeTeeO » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:21 am

It's because we were getting yelled at to sit down! The Cap is one of my favorite venues, but I'll never get balcony seats there again.
My heart is in the puppet box, & Satan pulls the strings

Return to “Concert Reviews”