Red Rocks 2016

Share your stories
Ballerino

Red Rocks 2016

Postby Ballerino » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:17 pm

Thoughts?
"I keep telling myself that it'll be fine, you can't make everybody happy all of the time."

Ballerino

Re: Red Rocks 2016

Postby Ballerino » Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:20 pm

For me, Thursday/Friday were good shows, but not GREAT shows. Then Saturday came. I am not sure if it was because of it being Seth's birthday, the Boulder air <wink, wink>, the last night, or combinations of the same. But what a magical night. I almost fell over when Seth started playing January Wedding. I keep asking myself if that still really happened, or did I dream it?
"I keep telling myself that it'll be fine, you can't make everybody happy all of the time."

Ohiochild

Re: Red Rocks 2016

Postby Ohiochild » Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:56 pm

I agree with your review. After Thurs and Friday, I was questioning whether I should have spent the money I did to go to Red Rocks. Not terrible shows by any means, but they did not live up to the expectations of Red Rocks. Also the amount of repeats was annoying. Friday started off with more energy than Thursday but by mid-show it tapered off and never fully returned. Saturday took it to another level and justified to me why I travel to so many shows. It may not have been the best setlist I have every got but it was solid. The energy the band gave throughout the entire show was great and the audience responded in kind. That was my 8th Avett Red Rocks show and I would rate it as either #1 or #2.
Don't quote me boy, cause I ain't said shit.

Return to “Concert Reviews”