House of Blues, Lake Buena Vista, FL, April 12, 2015

Share your stories
iambwf

House of Blues, Lake Buena Vista, FL, April 12, 2015

Postby iambwf » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:56 pm

Why most memorable? This was the 2nd of my 3 times seeing the band. It was my daughter's first Avett show. We had to pick either the Friday or Saturday concert, and I gnashed teeth trying to decide which night might give me the best setlist. It ended up being Saturday. Lucky guess.

There are a few Avett songs my daughter and I perform together, here on vocals/piano and me on guitar, but Love Like the Movies is our favorite. They played it. Murder in the City is another. They played it. The Once and Future Carpenter. They played it. She really wanted the Ballad of Love and Hate, but when they closed with Slight Figure of Speech nothing missed mattered.

House of Blues, if you've never been, is this wonderfully intimate place. If you're short get there early because apart from the upper rail on the second floor there is not seating. We were fortunate to get on the floor to the right of the stage by the stairs. It allowed us somewhat an elevated position (my wife and daughter are 5' 2" and 5' 3" respectively) thanks to the stairs.

Singing The Perfect Space with a packed room of strangers is a strong emotion. And of course the friends you make waiting in line. A couple behind us, who comically photo bombed the selfie my wife took of us, managed to find us on Instagram using some hashtag we used, or location tag, and we had an extended conversation.

We'll be seeing them again in October of this year when they come to Jacksonville. Of course with our daughter.
You may have to drag me away from my demons
Kicking and screaming

Return to “Concert Reviews”