Interlochen, Kresge Auditorium

Share your stories
ScottSethAnd1

Interlochen, Kresge Auditorium

Postby ScottSethAnd1 » Sat May 05, 2018 8:55 pm

Hello All Loving Avett Nation! Has anyone seen them at Interlochen, MI? I just bought tickets from the venue, booked a flight and yes, I'm a green newbie at "Boomer-Age." I'm hoping they will be there. is anyone else going?
:D

interlochenfun

Re: Interlochen, Kresge Auditorium

Postby interlochenfun » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:36 am

Another "boomer age" going

jubba88

Postby jubba88 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:29 pm

Going to the concert tonight. Wondering if my Avett Guild lanyard does anything for me there?

russbeth

Postby russbeth » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:35 pm

A magical night for my wife and I - our first Avett or Interlochen concert. It is a beautiful venue by the lake and the music was everything hoped for and more. We were married in Jan 1972 and except for the Audrey Hepburn line in "January Wedding" it might as well have been a commissioned description of our marriage. Cross one off the bucket list but going to another AVB concert just got added. The final encore song of "No Hard Feelings" was the icing on a ridiculously delicious cake of a concert. Thanks to all involved!

urhere52

RE: Pittsburgh Stage AE

Postby urhere52 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:53 pm

Since I started listening to the Avett Brothers about three years ago, I really wanted to attend a concert and found one nearby in Pittsburgh on August 16th. My husband hates driving in Pittsburgh but for me he agreed to go. He really isn't familiar with the songs.
As much as I love the Avett Brothers songs, especially "Laundry Room", we ended up leaving early due to the unruly, drunken crowd around us, talking over the band (well, screaming really). One lady near us passed out and fell smack down on the concrete. Don't know if she drank too much or something else but she was checked over by a medic and then left. A concert isn't like going to church but still you'd like to actually hear the band. Also we're old (probably among the 10% oldest ones there) and standing on concrete was a lot more uncomfortable than we expected.
I would go to another Avetts Brothers concert but only if it's inside where acoustics can be controlled and in general the crowds are a little tamer. I was disappointed that we didn't enjoy the concert more and hope to go again. Their songs are poetic, their sound just wonderful.

pairofpolisheddimes

Postby pairofpolisheddimes » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:57 pm

@urhere52 - Pittsburgh is my least favorite place to see the Avett Brothers and I live here! I feel like that with most of the concerts in the city. I think it is because locals have such easy access to venues they don't respect the experience. Please trust me that paying to travel to see them elsewhere is more than worth your while. I just saw them at the Chautauqua Institution in NY and it was a polar opposite experience. Although they had sound difficulties and the setup of the amphitheater makes it more of a sit-down show, it was lovely and intimate. I hope you try again!

Since I started listening to the Avett Brothers about three years ago, I really wanted to attend a concert and found one nearby in Pittsburgh on August 16th. My husband hates driving in Pittsburgh but for me he agreed to go. He really isn't familiar with the songs.
As much as I love the Avett Brothers songs, especially "Laundry Room", we ended up leaving early due to the unruly, drunken crowd around us, talking over the band (well, screaming really). One lady near us passed out and fell smack down on the concrete. Don't know if she drank too much or something else but she was checked over by a medic and then left. A concert isn't like going to church but still you'd like to actually hear the band. Also we're old (probably among the 10% oldest ones there) and standing on concrete was a lot more uncomfortable than we expected.
I would go to another Avetts Brothers concert but only if it's inside where acoustics can be controlled and in general the crowds are a little tamer. I was disappointed that we didn't enjoy the concert more and hope to go again. Their songs are poetic, their sound just wonderful.

Return to “Concert Reviews”