Phone Free Shows - Please share your thoughts

Everything else
Robin

Phone Free Shows - Please share your thoughts

Postby Robin » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:59 pm

Would love to hear what people think of this idea. Please share your thoughts. Thanks!
https://www.washingtonpost.com/entertai ... &tid=ss_tw

SundayRehab

Re: Phone Free Shows - Please share your thoughts

Postby SundayRehab » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:38 pm

I love the idea. I would pay extra to have all shows phone free!
“All music is folk music. I ain’t never heard a horse sing a song.”
― Louis Armstrong

Robin

Postby Robin » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:14 pm

I love the idea. I would pay extra to have all shows phone free!
I would too. Nothing would make me happier. IMO, there's a time and place for cell phones and a concert is not one of them. Personally, I think it's disrespectful to the artist. The artist/performer should be the ones who decide if cell phones are allowed at their shows or not. It may not bother some artists but if it does they have the right to ask that the phones be locked up.

With that said, I think this idea will be short-lived because it won't be long before someone cries about their "civil liberties" being taken away. :roll:

Artists rights matter :)

Alli

Postby Alli » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:37 am

I love the idea too, even if I feel a little hypocritical given how many concert videos I watch. But I hate being at shows and having to deal with everyone else's screens all around. And like the article says, folks might find that they like just being there and enjoying the moment without trying to record it all. Hard to put the genie back in the bottle though, but I love that some artists are trying.

Robin

Postby Robin » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:58 pm

I love the idea too, even if I feel a little hypocritical given how many concert videos I watch. But I hate being at shows and having to deal with everyone else's screens all around. And like the article says, folks might find that they like just being there and enjoying the moment without trying to record it all. Hard to put the genie back in the bottle though, but I love that some artists are trying.
I am a hypocrite too because I watch those concert videos too but life would go on if I never saw one again. :D Small price to pay.

Ballerino

Postby Ballerino » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:11 pm

Now, if we could only invent something to get people to stop yammering with each other during shows.....

I mean, STFU already and enjoy the performance!
"I keep telling myself that it'll be fine, you can't make everybody happy all of the time."

SundayRehab

Postby SundayRehab » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:23 pm

Yep, yep.
“All music is folk music. I ain’t never heard a horse sing a song.”
― Louis Armstrong

Robin

Postby Robin » Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:15 pm

More food for thought...

http://musiccitynotes.net/blog/2016/7/1 ... cell-phone

Still think it should be the artist/performers discretion

geordie

Postby geordie » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:37 pm

Some people are addicted to their phones, we are watching wimbledon (tennis) right now, expensive and difficult to get a ticket, yet still people are fannying about with their phones during play.
Now, if we could only invent something to get people to stop yammering with each other during shows.....

I mean, STFU already and enjoy the performance!
Agreed, we saw Mumford and sons at our local arena and I had to ask a group of young lads to shut up, thankfully they did! Saw seasick steve a few years a go and it was the same, yakking all the way through.

Mac41

Postby Mac41 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:39 am

Meh. Nothing wrong with taking a few photos. As long as you're not watching the show through your screen. But I appreciate concert videos. There's far worse annoyances than cell phones. They're easy to ignore. People talking during Ballad, isn't as easy

Return to “Other/Misc”