Too many covers!

General discussion about The Avett Brothers
Benpumpiner

Too many covers!

Postby Benpumpiner » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:42 am

I love TAB...seriously, I've been to over 20 of their concerts, probably my favorite band if I had to choose. But, they seem to be getting so bored with their own music it's disturbing. 5 covers on a 27 song set in Florida last night??? That's a TAB show with 20% covers...bummer. I'd bet my balls Fans would rather love to hear 5 other TAB songs instead of the covers. And what the hella up with Ole' Joe Clark? Every single TAB song is better than that thing...Seriously guys, a cover or two is fine, but we want to hear YOUR SONGS! How about playing Songs we love but you never play, like; Winter In My Heart; Through My Prayers, When I Drink; Mama, I Don't Believe; etc., etc., etc. We know and love the albums and IMHO, it would be better to play your songs that aren't "hits" instead of all the covers...Just saying what all my other TAB friends are sayin'...just sayin'! BUT, MY DISCLAIMER; it's so freaking cool you can go see TAB two or three nights in a row and it's a TOTALLY different show every night...so cool...PLEASE, just cut down on the covers and play the songs we love.
RED ROCKS THREE NIGHTS 2017!!!

sarbarmar

Re: Too many covers!

Postby sarbarmar » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:36 am

Keep in mind that they play TWENTY-SEVEN song sets, though. I really enjoy good covers and hearing the Avett take on different songs is always welcome in my opinion. Regardless, I think with such long sets the covers are just giving us something extra as fans and maybe it gives them an outlet to share some of the music they like to listen to.

spb76

Postby spb76 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:32 pm

They probably do get bored playing some the their songs. I think that's pretty common. I like the covers. I imagine it keeps things interesting for them and it's also a cool way to introduce their fans to artists they may not have known before.

WisFan

Postby WisFan » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:45 am

Love the covers !!
All beautifully executed!

Tholliger

Postby Tholliger » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:44 am

I love the cover of Give Me Love, Give Me Peace. They performed it two different times in TAB At the Beach. I like their original music the best by far, but I would love to see them do a cover of an old Brewer and Shipley song ... Witchi tai to? I grew up listening to Brewer and Shipley as they were from my hometown, and they have very similar sounds, harmonies etc. just 40 years later✌️

Return to “Avett Discussion”