Red Rocks Question

General discussion about The Avett Brothers
sarbarmar

Red Rocks Question

Postby sarbarmar » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:48 pm

My Avett concert buddy and I are planning on Red Rocks this year (surely they will play again - fingers crossed!) and I'm already trying to make as much of a plan as I can so that I don't have to think too much when the stress of ticket buying is happening. For anyone that has gone....

Is the VIP seating area worth it? Generally I try to get as close as possible, but from what I've read the VIP area is about 20 rows up. The guaranteed poster would be a plus, but I'm more concerned with having the best experience there. We've never seen anyone at Red Rocks and I keep reading there is no bad seat, but there must be a best seat and usually I think of that as the closer the better. Any thoughts???

Idiotbox

Re: Red Rocks Question

Postby Idiotbox » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:23 am

Here is my two cents after going to red rocks last year for all three nights.

If you want to be closest to the stage, then VIP is worth it just for one reason: VIP get early access to the venue. Yes, there is a VIP section roped off that is right in the middle, about five rows up and is about ten rows deep, so you're guaranteed a seat in that section if you don't want to get there early. But what a lot of VIP people do is line up early and then rush into the venue before the general public gets access. The first five rows are all general admission, first come first served. But by the time the normal gates open, the best seats are already taken.

You can't go wrong with or without VIP though. Plus not sure how VIP will work now with the guild, since guild members get early entry into venues too.

jwaldrop

Postby jwaldrop » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:55 pm

I see a few 2017 dates announced. When do they generally announce the rest of the year (Red Rocks especially)?

Idiotbox

Postby Idiotbox » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:21 am

They announced Red Rocks in January last time, and tickets went on sale the 20th of January if I remember correctly.

jwaldrop

Postby jwaldrop » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:14 pm

Thanks, I appreciate it.

sarbarmar

Postby sarbarmar » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:17 pm

Thanks! This is just the type of advice I was hoping for!

jwaldrop

Postby jwaldrop » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:07 pm

So Red Rocks just announced a bunch of presales today for various concert dates. In other words, the calendar is filling up! There is a gap at the end of June (19-29), and July (15-24). Hoping the Avett's are already booked somewhere in there!

Return to “Avett Discussion”