Avett Opening bands

General discussion about The Avett Brothers
Michelle

Re: Avett Opening bands

Postby Michelle » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:29 pm

Ha!! There are definitely opening bands I've suffered through. If anyone went to speed of sound - sitting through Hot Tuna and Chris Robinson was quite possibly the worst form of torture I've had in a while.

BoxofMattches

Postby BoxofMattches » Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:04 pm

Ha!! There are definitely opening bands I've suffered through. If anyone went to speed of sound - sitting through Hot Tuna and Chris Robinson was quite possibly the worst form of torture I've had in a while.
I was at the speed of sound festival and I actually enjoyed Hot Tuna and Chris Robinson Brotherhood but I could understand why someone wouldn't tolerate them, you would have to appreciate jam bands like I do or be tripping balls. I was also at the VIP section sitting on a couch so my opinion of the bands might have changed if I was standing in the field.

Were you there early enough to see Connor Kennedy & Minstrel and Buffalo Stack? I thought they were pretty good.
Singer/Songwriter, Guitar/Banjo/Drums/Bass/Piano.

Joke: What do you call a deaf gynecologist? A Lip Reader.

Michelle

Postby Michelle » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:45 pm

I was at the speed of sound festival and I actually enjoyed Hot Tuna and Chris Robinson Brotherhood but I could understand why someone wouldn't tolerate them, you would have to appreciate jam bands like I do or be tripping balls. I was also at the VIP section sitting on a couch so my opinion of the bands might have changed if I was standing in the field.

Were you there early enough to see Connor Kennedy & Minstrel and Buffalo Stack? I thought they were pretty good.
Yes!! I loved them. Upstate Rubdown was great too. As was Amy Helm. I really loved all the bands except the two that I mentioned before. Upstate Rubdown is coming to Charlotte this month. I hope to catch their set

SundayRehab

Postby SundayRehab » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:01 pm

I love Hot Tuna. I REALLY love electric Hot Tuna.
“All music is folk music. I ain’t never heard a horse sing a song.”
― Louis Armstrong

mao

Postby mao » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:53 pm

OMG, I hate hot tuna.
Grosss. And who came up with "TUNA HELPER?!?!?"
Yuck. Let's heat up this tuna and mix it with this cheese and some scrumptious noodles and ruin them.
No, thank you.
I am strictly cold tuna fan.
We should do a poll.

Return to “Avett Discussion”