Favorite Avett Lyrics

General discussion about The Avett Brothers
Cindy10989

Re: Favorite Avett Lyrics

Postby Cindy10989 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:23 am

RobE wrote:"The realist thing I ever felt was the blood on the floor and the love in your yell" from Father's First Spring. The first time I heard this song I cried. Still do. This line holds a specal place in my heart. My daughter was born 3 months premature weighing 2lbs 2oz. The doctors had prepared us for the worse.When she came the staff would wisk her away and do whatever was necessary for her survival.There were surgeons and the NICU staff in the room. Equipment everywhere. I have never been so scared and helpless in my entire life.The time came,everyone working as a team and into the world she came. Time seemed to slow down. I'm standing there in tears wondering what was going on when I heard the most beautiful scream. I was confused. She wasnt supposed to scream. A moment later the nurse turns around and asked I wanted to see my daughter. She was soooo small probably able to fit in the palm of my hand. One nurse patted me on the back and said she's going to be fine but they have to take her to the NICU and check her out. I broke down sobbing and collapsed into the chair. 2 months in the NICU and she got to come home. Haven't let her go to this day and she's 18 now. I told her this song WILL play at her wedding
I'm hoping my daughter will be able to go with me when they play in Clearwater in Oct. Depends if she can take off from college.

Amazing how they grow so fast. Mine are 18, 21 n 24. My 18 yo daughter is an amazing guitar player and she's come to a couple of their shows w me. It's coming full circle I guess..

Return to “Avett Discussion”