What song would you want Seth to play as the interlude on Pretty Girl from Annapolis?

General discussion about The Avett Brothers
TimMo

What song would you want Seth to play as the interlude on Pretty Girl from Annapolis?

Postby TimMo » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:06 am

I know Annapolis has only been played couple times each tour over the last couple years but the anticipation of what Seth will play is one of the most exciting moments at an Avett Show.
I'm hopeful it will get played during the 3 nights in Chicago and I would choose Otis Redding These arms of Mine.

Addicted

Re: What song would you want Seth to play as the interlude on Pretty Girl from Annapolis?

Postby Addicted » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:39 am

I think it would be cool if they broke out into "blister in the sun". Totally throw you off guard.

BoxofMattches

Re: What song would you want Seth to play as the interlude on Pretty Girl from Annapolis?

Postby BoxofMattches » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:50 am

In Chicago he should definitely play "Today" by the Smashing Pumpkins, but anywhere else he should do "Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp" by Led Zeppelin since that song was a major influence to the Avett Brother's music.
Singer/Songwriter, Guitar/Banjo/Drums/Bass/Piano.

Joke: What do you call a deaf gynecologist? A Lip Reader.

bdiddy

Postby bdiddy » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:55 am

PgfA is my #1 most wanted song right now so at this point I'd take anything but I'd love to hear a Billy Joel interlude. Billy is the soundtrack of my childhood so to see those two worlds collide would be amazing. Yes I've seen the Seth Movin' Out video which I just love. If I ever meet him I'm going to ask for a Billy follow-up.

bdiddy

Postby bdiddy » Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:56 am

Or "Brandy You're a Fine Girl" just because I was named after that and it would just be freaking awesome. :D

likeaghost

Postby likeaghost » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:17 pm

i've been waiting for him to bust out his "moving out" billy joel cover, this would be a fun place i think

GregB

Postby GregB » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:45 am

Im with you Tim.....old motown classic from Percy Sledge "Cover Me"

emotionalism

Postby emotionalism » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:51 am

I'm not sure which I'd personally want, but my favorite that I've gotten, by far, was "Catch the Wind" in Vancouver 2013. It was stunning.

purpose

Postby purpose » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:20 am

I saw on YouTube that he sang once Tom Waits' Ol'55, I don't know if as an interlude or just because. I'd love to hear that song in his voice
We are ugly, but we have the music.

Return to “Avett Discussion”