The Avett Guild

General discussion about The Avett Brothers
Michelle

Re: The Avett Guild

Postby Michelle » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:00 pm

One of the key decisions in creating the Avett Guild was the ability to keep offering pre-sales to our fans. We had to have an "official" fan club or the pre-sales were in jeopardy of not continuing.

And I thank you for that. It's got to be difficult for everyone to have an opinion on this when you guys usually do what's in the best interest of the fans as often as you can.

SundayRehab

Postby SundayRehab » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:14 pm

“All music is folk music. I ain’t never heard a horse sing a song.”
― Louis Armstrong

stirred

Postby stirred » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:05 pm

Thanks for the link, David. That shines new light on the situation.

Michele, I appreciate very much the opportunity to freely voice my opinion and hope you aren't suggesting 1.) that TAB are infallible and 2.) that we should always speak positively in every circumstance.

The reason I hold them to a different standard than your ordinary rock star, is because they have demonstrated time and again that they hold themselves to high standards, nevertheless, at no time have they claimed to be perfect. They have high principles and strive toward them, and encourage us to do the same.
"It costs nothing to be honest, loyal and true"

I'll say here what I said elsewhere.

I nearly always give them the benefit of a doubt. I don't know why this time was different, but I should have known better. I still don't like it but recognize it seems to have been forced on them.

Robin

Postby Robin » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:40 pm

HOW IS THIS OK?! :shock: How is Ticketmaster not considered a monopoly?!

What's worse is, not only are they telling bands they have to have fan clubs, they're telling them how to run their fan clubs...
http://ampthemag.com/the-real/isbells-m ... ketmaster/

What the heck! The world's gone mad. Thanks for the links Sunday Rehab. I got quite an education.

Avett64

Postby Avett64 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:35 pm

Does anyone know how many tickets an Avett Guild member is allowed to purchase during pre-sale?

"Event limits are set by the promoter, but it's typically 4"

ShanaBass

Postby ShanaBass » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:19 pm

I signed up and paid right when I got the email. I am so thankful for the free content I receive on YouTube, I feel like I am making up for it with my membership fees. I also like the little perks that come with it, like the sticker and the record and email updates. The thing I find myself saying the most these days is "I am a grown ass woman who brings home try online slot machines here a paycheck. I'll buy what I want!" (I bought the Reserved seats at Red Rocks this year and I was still caught in the middle of a bunch of hammered 20-somethings who didn't know who the Avett Brothers were!) So while money doesn't buy happiness, I feel like this was an investment I could trust. Plus I know what to expect!

And they have free membership too, so I thought that was nice for those who choose to spend their $40.00 elsewhere. For just over ten cents a day, I'm saving an Avett. LOL. Maybe it's geared for us super fans that aren't super good at getting to shows?
Interesting idea, I think...

VickiCluchey

Postby VickiCluchey » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:18 pm

One of the key decisions in creating the Avett Guild was the ability to keep offering pre-sales to our fans. We had to have an "official" fan club or the pre-sales were in jeopardy of not continuing.
I, personally, am thankful for this. I don't get to go to many shows so having pre-sale tickets is perfect for me. I get a chance to get better seats by buying early. This is one lady who will not complain about that....plus the extra perks of the vinyl, etc. :D

abctriplets

Postby abctriplets » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:36 am

Does anyone know how many tickets an Avett Guild member is allowed to purchase during pre-sale?

"Event limits are set by the promoter, but it's typically 4"
Which sucks as a family of 5....

jethronh

Postby jethronh » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:27 pm

a few thoughts.

Most presales are not always offering the best seats. They have blocks all over the venue they try to unload. so being part of a presale is not always the best perk, unless you are clearly only trying to buy any tickets before the public.

The early entry is nice, since it used to be difficult to get, if not for the lucky 30 purchaser that it was awarded to. However now you could have a much larger number of guild members showing up for early entry, which essentially creates just another GA line where everyone comes super early.

The tix we bought thru the guild still had service fees attached.. so... not sure what happened there. Unless you buy a lot of tix, it wont really add up.

Overall, the membership cannot be helped. Every Band does it. Just be thankful the tickets are still affordable. The next step is to jack up prices like most bands, $150-250 for floor seats in an arena. yuck.

LeighAnne74

Postby LeighAnne74 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:12 am

I view the introduction of the Guild as a way to continue to accommodate the hardcore fans as the band's fan base continues to grow.
I don't think this is a greedy money making scheme. I think it was created sincerely with the fans in mind.
I view it simply as a way to guarantee the perk of early entry for any show I attend. No brainer.
I was more than happy to pay it, especially with the other perks of what comes with the membership.
I can understand the frustration felt by the long time fans though. I think part of it is just missing the old days when the venues and crowds were
smaller. But even these days the tour still includes a lot of smaller to medium size venues each year and I think this too is intentional
with the fans in mind. And as the crowds and fan base grow, take comfort in knowing & trusting in the consistency that makes this band the
greatest in the world: A solid, all-in, heart & soul performance....every single show! I leave every show feeling like " wow, that may be the
best one yet" and then the next one comes and I say the same thing. You really can't say that about every band out there now can you?
Happy to be in The Guild!

Return to “Avett Discussion”