Impressive news about the new record's position on Billboard's charts!

General discussion about The Avett Brothers
SundayRehab

Impressive news about the new record's position on Billboard's charts!

Postby SundayRehab » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:19 pm

"The Avett Brothers reach a familiar chart perch this week -- No. 1 on Billboard's Americana/Folk Albums chart, with new album True Sadness. But the folk-rockers' ninth studio album also takes them to new heights on other Billboard charts, including Top Rock Albums, Alternative Albums and Top Album Sales, as they land their first No. 1 rank on each survey.

The Rick Rubin-produced LP debuts at No. 1 on all three charts (dated July 16) with 43,000 copies sold, according to Nielsen Music. The band earns its third chart-topper on Americana/Folk Albums (and second No. 1 debut), following 2013's Magpie and the Dandelion (Nov. 2, 2013-dated chart; 58,000 sold) and 2010's I and Love and You (Jan. 16, 2010, after debuting at No. 4 on Dec. 12, 2009; at most, it sold 15,000 in a week). The new set is the band's first No. 1 on both Top Rock Albums and Alternative Albums. The Avett Brothers had previously peaked as high as Nos. 3 and 2 on the charts, respectively.

True Sadness also opens at No. 3 on the Billboard 200, marking the band's best debut and rank yet, eclipsing The Carpenter's No. 4 start and peak in 2012. The new LP is additionally the best-selling set of the week (ending June 30), the band's first such honor, beginning at No. 1 on the Top Album Sales chart."
“All music is folk music. I ain’t never heard a horse sing a song.”
― Louis Armstrong

Robin

Re: Impressive news about the new record's position on Billboard's charts!

Postby Robin » Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:41 pm

If it doesn't get a Grammy nomination I will be very surprised. Definitely worthy IMO.

sassenachga

Postby sassenachga » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:49 am

I agree. Just downloaded the new album and have listened once through. So far I love it, but anything they do is great. They could sing the phone book (remember those) and it would be great. I do wonder where the visions for the album covers come from. Some of them are major bizarro and I wonder where the get their ideas.

JANICE

Postby JANICE » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:47 pm

Billboard article with their photo shoot is in what back issue I want to purchase it

Return to “Avett Discussion”