Packaging / Booklets for the album(s)

General discussion about The Avett Brothers
JeffSmart

Packaging / Booklets for the album(s)

Postby JeffSmart » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:01 pm

Hey fellow Avett Brothers fans. :-)

I'm living in Germany and discovered the Avett Brothers with "I and love and you" and been buying everything from them ever since. ;-) But with the release of the latest album I wanted to ask a question thats been on my mind for quite some time now, specifically for you US residents here.

While "I and love and you" and "Carpenter" had a sweet packaging and an extensive booklet "Magpie & Dandelion" didn't even have a booklet and "True Sadness" now comes in an old fashioned jewel case with a booklet that only contains a couple of pictures. I also saw that "True Sadness" has a different ASIN code in the US than in Europe. Maybe you've got a different version in the US?

I always find it kind of sad, when bands where the lyrics are that well crafted and important don't make an effort to include a proper booklet with the album.

I wonder what's your take on this?

sarbarmar

Re: Packaging / Booklets for the album(s)

Postby sarbarmar » Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:04 pm

I can't speak to the booklet because it's been a long time since I've bought a physical CD. I thought it might be worth mentioning though, that with the new website layout you can go to the albums tab and see lyrics for all of the songs which is pretty cool!

Return to “Avett Discussion”