True Sadness Album Cover

General discussion about The Avett Brothers
LeighAnne74

True Sadness Album Cover

Postby LeighAnne74 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:17 am

So with all the buzz and excitement surrounding the new album, I've been reading a lot of articles/interviews with the band
and I can't recall a single one that discusses this album cover. Up until yesterday when my copy arrived (2 days early!! :D ), I just
thought it was super cool and artsy. But then my son saw it and immediately recognized the similarity to The Clash album, Give Em Enough Rope.
When I looked it up I immediately knew it had to be some sort of homage to the Clash cover. I would love to know the story behind it... so,
please share if you know! :) Oh and congrats to the guys for their first #1 with Ain't No Man!!! Woot woot!!!

Michelle

Re: True Sadness Album Cover

Postby Michelle » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:51 pm

So with all the buzz and excitement surrounding the new album, I've been reading a lot of articles/interviews with the band
and I can't recall a single one that discusses this album cover. Up until yesterday when my copy arrived (2 days early!! :D ), I just
thought it was super cool and artsy. But then my son saw it and immediately recognized the similarity to The Clash album, Give Em Enough Rope.
When I looked it up I immediately knew it had to be some sort of homage to the Clash cover. I would love to know the story behind it... so,
please share if you know! :) Oh and congrats to the guys for their first #1 with Ain't No Man!!! Woot woot!!!

Leigh - you might actually be surprised - it has nothing to do with that Clash cover.. Read this Interview.. it's SOOO good.

http://www.interviewmagazine.com/music/ ... e-sadness/

AMP

Postby AMP » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:33 pm

Watch the npr tiny desk concert and look on the top of the shelves on the right of the screen??

geordie

Postby geordie » Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:49 am

I bought give them enough rope on cassette ( good album but over produced), and you are right leighanne, it is very similar to the true sadness cover.

Return to “Avett Discussion”