General discussion about The Avett Brothers
Banjo Mike

NPR First Listen available now

Postby Banjo Mike » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:43 pm

Check out the new album in its entirety on NPR.org

Michelle

Re: NPR First Listen available now

Postby Michelle » Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:23 pm

It's soo different.. but sooo good. Hearing some Beatles/Pink Floyd/ postal service/ ben folds and I'm sure more in some of the songs. I gave the album one listen this morning straight through. Sometimes change is hard to accept but I looked at some of the songs from a perspective of if it was just a song I heard without knowing who did it,, would I like it? And YES! yes I would. I'd still love to hear the alternate arrangements of some of the more experimental sounding songs but so far I'm on board with this.

purpose

Postby purpose » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:25 pm

Just listened to it once, but I think I'm going to love it. I was listening while working, and one song stood up among the others: No hard feelings.
We are ugly, but we have the music.

stirred

Postby stirred » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:26 am

No Hard Feelings is easily the stand out track for me after a couple of listens. Beautiful song. I'm going to wait until release day to listen again. The stream is not the best quality.

rrlifer

Postby rrlifer » Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:48 pm

Listen to it a few times through...My favorites are Victims of Life, Mama I Don't Believe, Ain't No Man and Smithsonian. Saw them in Dallas last week fell in love with Victims of Life when they played it live.

LeighAnne74

Postby LeighAnne74 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:45 am

No Hard Feelings, Smithsonian, Fisher Road to Hollywood....those are my 3 faves (for now :D )

Also, I have decided that prior to the next new album coming out I want to try to avoid hearing any of the new material until the album release.
I think it would be much more exciting that way. Of course that will probably be next to impossible with all the shows I attend. :D

Return to “Avett Discussion”