What's the earliest you've gotten in line for a show?

General discussion about The Avett Brothers
likeaghost

What's the earliest you've gotten in line for a show?

Postby likeaghost » Thu May 12, 2016 5:21 pm

...I was never a get there early person but started going to shows with this girl that was obsessed and had to be in the front row, one time we got in line for a show that started at 10pm at 12:37pm. We were not the first people in line. Was Newport Music Hall in Columbus Memorial Day Weekend, Saturday. It was a raging show, we ended up second row center and had a blast but really felt like i was at a frat party at times, especially before the band came on. Rowdy would be a gross understatement.

japarker2

Re: What's the earliest you've gotten in line for a show?

Postby japarker2 » Fri May 13, 2016 6:22 am

The earliest I've gotten to a show was 5 hours before. This was in Tuscaloosa one week ago. There were only 6-8 people already in line but @ different gates. There's a 'secret lottery' type deal where a first few that buy the tix get the option to go in around 10 minutes before normal gates open which might be why y'all had to be second row. Thankfully I got first but I had to book it to get there as soon as gates opened. Every show is different. Definitely feel out the crowd beforehand and you'll get a sense of what you're working with. Sadly the "frat" part you're talking about is something I saw too but I think with how big they've gotten over the years (especially with Rick Rubin) it's just something that's gonna happen from now on and you gotta deal with it or be done with it I feel like. Hope this post helps :-) roll tide!

likeaghost

Postby likeaghost » Fri May 13, 2016 1:55 pm

Early Entry wasn't around back then, that show was 2009, but we weren't the first people there by a longshot. Columbus is just a crazy raging town for the Avetts. After a show there in 2011 at the LC Pav Scott told me there was something about Columbus, and to never miss a Columbus show. In 2010 they played one balled, "Weight of Lies" and it ended up in full on rage mode. Every crowd is different and i never try to tell anyone how to act at a show. The only time i've been upset is when someone tries to get me to leave my spot, which i never leave, but people are people and you just got to let them be who they are...

likeaghost

Postby likeaghost » Mon May 16, 2016 2:04 pm

I think there might have been early entry, i remember the two lines now, but my best memory is how hot it was out and how i walked to 7-11 and got a giant coke icee and my friends were mad at me but i was happy.

Return to “Avett Discussion”