You will love Red Rocks! It's beautiful and has great sound and energy. Here are some random suggestions from a Denver gal who frequents the venue.
- I'm unsure what type of tickets you have (general vs. reserved) so that will factor into your entry time. If GA, I would try to line up early and get in when the doors open. Bring a blanket to save your GA seats in case you get up for a bit and walk around.
-Once it gets dark, it can be hard to return to your seat. However, every row and seat are numbered so just make note of where you are sitting and then it's easy. You often see people wandering up the rows looking for friends once the show starts so just make a mental note of your seats if you have GA tickets and you'll be fine.
- Parking will depend on when you arrive and you are generally directed by staff. If you want to tailgate, I think that's most fun in a parking lot (any lot) so you can people watch. Sometimes you'll have to park on the roads leading up to the venue and that's okay too. I'm unsure of what you mean by "strict in the tailgate area." You can drink and party pretty easily. Don't bring glass to Red Rocks. While it's allowed, it's suggested not to. And you will be searched when you enter the venue.
- Bring an empty water bottle. You can fill it up once in the venue at the bottom north stairs (faucet there) or in the visitors center at the top. If you buy a water bottle in the venue, the staff keeps the top so it's easier to spill and you have to buy more. And don't even get me started on single use plastic.
It's expected to be very hot this weekend so if you're coming from out of town, drinking lots of water at altitude and in our dry climate is very important.
- Wear comfortable shoes as you will have to walk up to the venue or up the stairs.
- Once inside, you can buy booze, some food, merch, etc. at the top if you don't want to bring those items.
I hope this helps. Enjoy the show and Red Rocks!