Red Rocks Presale

General discussion about The Avett Brothers
jeporch

Re: Red Rocks Presale

Postby jeporch » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:17 pm

I was logged on and refreshing ticketing page when it opened up. Immediately tried to book 2 reserved seats and it showed none available (4 sold and the remaining all in transition. By the time I went to expensive VIP seats they were "unavailable". 400 seats gone in two seconds! Hard to believe?

chrisarter34

Postby chrisarter34 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:18 pm

Did anyone even see General Admission tickets during the presale? All I saw was Reserved.

mhennessy503

Postby mhennessy503 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:21 pm

Well that's a bummer. I was refreshing my page like a crazy person to get tickets for Red Rocks. They sold out in like 2 minutes and I am left out in the cold. Can someone tell me -- will there be another chance to purchase when they go on sale to the public, or did the ENTIRE venue sell out that quickly? This is my first time purchasing tickets as a Guild member. Thank you!

story27

Postby story27 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:22 pm

What the WHAT!!! Just tried to purchase pre-sale tickets through the website right at 12:00pm and they were literally sold out within 10 seconds. We LOVE these Red Rocks Avett concerts and always go to all three nights and are pretty disappointed that it seems like computers can purchase these coveted pre sale - pre sale tickets right under our noses.

Russell

Postby Russell » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:33 pm

Hmmm... I checked at 12:00 on 1/16/2018, and all pre-sale tickets were sold out. How did that happen so fast?

ryan_batty

Postby ryan_batty » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:55 pm

Wow. Pretty frustrating to score a couple of tickets out of what appears to have been a very, very limited supply, only to find out that there is no delivery option for anyone outside of the US. I didn't realize the membership basically isn't valid outside of the US.

SteveCarrie

Postby SteveCarrie » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:26 am

I ran into the same thing, and even when I made it to the purchase page and selected a quantity, and then purchase it gave me an error code and I had to start over. I refreshed the screen over and over and sometimes it showed available and sometimes it showed sold out? I suspect the server capacity was maxed out? My wife and I were bummed out and frustrated as well. I am a member of the Guild anyways, but if you signed up to get an early shot at tickets for Red Rocks it was a wasted $40 in my opinion. We did the VIP for Saturday, but plan on getting reserved for the other 2 days, hopefully we can get fairly close.

SteveCarrie

Postby SteveCarrie » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:30 am

The entire venue did not sell out according to the email to Guild members there were 200 GA 250 Reserved and 190 VIP GA available today for each show during the pre-sale. Was anyone able to purchased the reserved tickets?

whodidweborrowfrom

Postby whodidweborrowfrom » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:43 pm

I was also ready at noon, double clicking like a mad woman. No luck. I guess they released some more around 1, bc I got some of the VIP GA tickets. So how is this different from regular GA? We don't have reserved seats, I assume? And also, how early do we have to be there for early entry?

Really wanted the VIP reserved. Would anyone be interested in purchasing my tickets for VIP GA if I'm able to get some of the reserved tickets? I think they were $229 each and I have two tickets for each night.

First time to red rocks.

tdffstone

Postby tdffstone » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:24 pm

I to watched the page change to sold out in under thirty seconds. There were only about 595 tickets for this pre-sale. Hopefully today it goes better. About one month ago I found ticketing agencies selling tickets to these Red Rocks show for 275. I wonder if they have a guild member ship and buy tickets on the sly with their computers?

I wonder if anybody from the Avett Brothers machine reads this form or even cares. I have had no response from the management team when I told them about other agencies pre-selling tickets.

Return to “Avett Discussion”